Europa League Draw: Man United Set For İstanbul Başakşehir Or FC Copenhagen Test
Written by Sunlight Radio America on July 11, 2020
Manchester United will face either İstanbul Başakşehir or FC Copenhagen in the quarter-finals of the Europa League barring a miraculous comeback from LASK.
United lead LASK 5-0 following the first leg of their tie while İstanbul Başakşehir hold a one-goal advantage over FC Copenhagen ahead of their second-leg tie.
Elsewhere, if Wolves get past Olympiacos they will face Europa League specialists Sevilla, or Roma for a spot in the semi-final, and if both English sides progress from those potential quarter-finals they could meet at the last-four stage.
- QF1: VfL Wolfsburg or Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt or Basel
- QF2: LASK or Manchester United v İstanbul Başakşehir or FC Copenhagen
- QF3: Inter v Milan Getafe v Rangers or Bayer Leverkusen
- QF4: Olympiacos or Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sevilla or Roma
- QF4 v QF2
- QF3 v QF1
Europa League last 16 – the current situation
These ties still have a second leg to play. Below are the results from the opening clashes:
- İstanbul Başakşehir 1–0 FC Copenhagen
- Olympiacos 1–1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Rangers 1–3 Bayer Leverkusen
- VfL Wolfsburg 1–2 Shakhtar Donetsk
- Eintracht Frankfurt 0–3 Basel
- LASK 0–5 Manchester United
These ties will play a one-off tie:
- Inter v Milan Getafe
- Sevilla v Roma
The six ties that have already played a first leg will see the returns legs played as normal. The ties that have not played a first leg – Inter v Milan Getafe and Sevilla v Roma – will be played as a one-off tie at yet-to-be-announced venues.
Europa League dates for your diary
- Europa League Round of 16: August 5-6
- Europa League Quarter-finals: August 10-11
- Europa League Semi-finals: August 16-17
- Europa League Final: August 21